Pecan Pie Bars with Chocolate – Baking with Slow Cooker
Baking with Slow Cooker – Pecan Pie Bars with Chocolate – (optional)
8 Tbsp. butter softened
¼ cup brown sugar
1¼ cups flour
½ Tsp. salt
4 large eggs
¾ cup light corn syrup
½ cup sugar
2 Tbsp. melted butter
2 cups, semisweet chocolate chips – (optional)
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1. Grease interior of slow cooker crock really well.
2. Cream together 8 Tbsp. butter and brown sugar.
3. Stir in flour and salt until mixture is crumbly.
4. Press mixture into bottom of crock to form a crust.
5. Cover. Bake on High 1 hour.
6. Meanwhile, mix eggs, corn syrup, sugar, and 2 Tbsp. melted butter until well-blended.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
8. When crust is finished baking, uncover. Spread creamy chocolate chip-pecan mixture over crust, being careful not to burn your arms on the hot crock.
9. Cover cooker. Continue baking on High for 1½–2 hours, or until filling is firm in the center.
10. Uncover. Remove crock from the cooker. Place on wire baking rack and allow to cool.
11. When bars have reached room temperature, cut into it squares and triangles in corners.
I hope you enjoy baking with your slow cooker and serving your family and friends from it.