Recipe for Jackfruit Cookies
Ingredients for Jackfruit Cookies:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup candied jackfruit, broken into small pieces
Preparation and Procedures:
*How to make candied jackfruit*
1 cup Jackfruit sliced into small cubes
1/2 cup Caster sugar
Combine jackfruit and sugar into a pot and bring to boil into a low heat until reduced and syrupy, let it cool before mixing into the cookie dough.
Cookie Mixture :
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the butter, caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. Add the eggs and the flour to the mixture and beat to combine.
4. Add the candied jackfruit and stir gently.
5. Drop well rounded spoonfuls of dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and place cookies on a wire rack to cool.